EDSAC reconstruction on target
Post this page to popular social media
On target at almost one-third of the way through, the EDSAC reconstruction project volunteers meet in October 2013 at the University of Cambridge, where the original EDSAC was built, to discuss progress.
- Andrew Herbert gives the project overview showing what's been done, being done and awaiting work.
- Nigel Bennée continues to unpick the design of the arithmetic unit.
- Chris Burton explores some of the frustrating mechanical problems.
- John Pratt shows progress with the coincidence unit and the elimination of noise spikes.
- Peter Linington reports on the nickel delay lines
- And EDSAC Project trustee and head of the Cambridge laboratory, Professor Andy Hopper visits the project.
Filming by David Allen.