Learning Programme Job Vacancy
Post this page to popular social media
Job Title: Learning Manager
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: The National Museum of Computing (TNMOC)
Start date: 27 August 2018
The National Museum of Computing (TNMOC) based on the Bletchley Park estate is seeking a Learning Manager to be responsible for the management and delivery of our Learning Programme. You will lead a team of dedicated freelance and volunteer staff.
The Learning Programme caters for students aged 10 and above, including nd groups of undergraduate and occasionally postgraduate students. The majority of visits are from Key Stage 4 and 5 groups. The learning programme is a hands-on and fun opportunity to engage with the collection.
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Learning Programme and associated materials, including researching updates in the curriculum, details of the exhibits within the museum and new technologies that may be used to enhance the Programme.
Additionally, you will manage the scheduling and resourcing of visits. Some administrative support for bookings and invoicing will be provided by the Operations Team. You will also act as the Safeguarding Officer for the museum.
Other responsibilities will include supporting public, corporate and other group visits on an ad hoc basis plus some operational tasks (such as opening and closing the museum) shared between all the museum staff. You will also be responsible for wider learning events and programmes, including Relaxed Opening events for people with autism and their families.
This post is full time, with school visits taking place throughout term time. Ideally, we are looking for someone who has had direct experience of teaching a relevant subject in a secondary school environment or within the museum education sector. An interest in the history and development of technology would be a clear advantage.
This role is subject to an up to date DBS check.
We are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- At least two years’ experience in learning in a museum or school setting
- Teaching qualification or commensurate experience in museum learning
- Experience managing a team of staff and volunteers
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to different situations
- Knowledge of the STEM agenda, including funding opportunities
- An ability to work to set timeframes and deadlines
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum and relevant qualifications (GCSE, A Level, BTEC, iGCSE, IB)
- Experience of working with people with specific needs
- Understanding of equalities issues within museums
- Takes initiative and works independently.
- Experience of working on funded projects
- Teaching qualification
- Masters level qualification in museum studies, or similar
- Experience of delivering training to staff and volunteers.