TNMOC in the news
Ford of Europe donates Wang computer to TNMOC
How the Brits invented packet switching and made the internet possible frim Computer Weekly
- Includes video of Brian Aldous of NPL in TNMOC Technology of the Internet Gallery.
BBC features on the history of computing
Computer pioneer interactive history family tree and leads into most of the stories below.
The role of NPL in developing the infrastructure of the internet -- filmed at TNMOC including an interview with Donald Davies' wife and a demo of packet switching by Roger Scantlebury of Donald Davies' packet switching development team at NPL .
"The world's first computer user." Capt Jerry Roberts on Colossus and Tunny.
Codebreaker Capt Jerry Roberts video interviewed at TNMOC by Computer Weekly plus article
- Sitting in front of Colossus, Capt Roberts sings the praises of Tutte and Flowers.
Growing media interest in Vintage Computer Festival
- In BusinessCulture, Pocket-Lint, Culture24 showing a wonderful dated picture, Emoiz, bit-tech.net.
Digital Doomsday: the end of knowledge in New Scientist
- TNMOC trustee Kevin Murrell features talking about longevity of hard discs.
Colossus features as one of history's great objects
Tony Sale on the regeneration of Bletchley Park in The OU Community Online
- Director and trustee of TNMOC talks about his time at Bletchley Park.
Nick Heath of Silicon.com takes a look at the tech at the heart of the internet
- The low-down on the beginnings of internet technology with lots of images.
Maggie Holland has a Q&A session about Colossus with Tony Sale in IT Pro
- "Colossus was the first production computer [of its kind] as there were 10 of them here." And a few photos.