TNMOC in the news
V3 takes users on a photo tour of TNMOC
- V3 takes users on a photo tour of TNMOC
WITCH, BBC Science Cafe
- Kevin Murrell interviewed about the WITCH on BBC Science Cafe (BBC iPlayer link for UK listeners for the next seven days -- about 4 minutes in)
Harwell / WITCH computer arrives at TNMOC for restoration
Jack Schofield of The Guardian on the WITCH that ain't dead.
BBC News Online researches WITCH's past.
BBC News Online video Kevin Murrell interviewed during the arrival of WITCH at TNMOC.
Silicon.com on restoring a granddaddy of computers.
Wired on the machine that is to roar back to life.
ITWire wishes TNMOC luck in creating its latest great new exhibit.
Computer Weekly and Electronics Weekly on world's oldest computer comes back to life.
Picture of the Day on New Scientist for today only, subsequently here.
The Register on the computing equivalent of raising the Mary Rose.
ZDNet with a nice hat-tip to the first WITCH restoration sponsor, InsightSoftware.com.
CNET on the restoration.
ITPro on the machine "that shows how great Great Britain can be in the field of technology".
Techwatch on "the machine that took ten seconds to do one sum"..
The Inquirer on the machine that replaced "the clackety-clackety-kerchunk mechanical calculators you see in old movies".
Wolverhampton Express and Star from the area where WITCH last functioned in 1973.
Follow in the footsteps of geeks
- Thompson of the BBC says ... First stop, of course, has to be 51° 59' 47.44" N, 0° 44' 33.94" W - better known as Bletchley Park, home of the British code breaking efforts during the Second World War and now also the location of the fabulous National Museum of Computing.
Myleene Klass at TNMOC beginning a CNN feature on piracy
- CNN came to film two weeks ago, drawn by the allure of so many vintage computers. TNMOC clip starts at one minute in.
Jack Schofield of The Guardian with a classic headline about Tony Sale's PhD
- Jack Schofield of The Guardian with a classic headline about Tony Sale's PhD
BBC Digital Planet at TNMOC
The guys from BBC Digital Planet visited the museum last week, and their latest episode is now online. What nice people they are as well! Many thanks to Gareth, Bill and the wonderful Michelle.
Stephen Fry at TNMOC and Bletchley Park
Some pictures from Christian Payne on Flickr:
Stephen Fry talks to Tony Sale about the Tunny machine
Stephen Fry meets Colossus
Stephen Fry in teenage heaven: the new PC Gallery
Stephen Fry talking to Lin Jones
Stephen Fry on YouTube at Bletchley Park and TNMOC
PC Gallery opens
ZD Net and the evolution of the PC.
Computer Weekly reports with slide show after a visit to the museum by Ian Grant.
Silicon.com reports with photos and captions following a visit to the museum by Nick Heath.