TNMOC in the news
Home for museum guaranteed for 25 years
17 March 2008
- The signing of the lease over Block H with The Bletchley Park Trust means we can now work together to create a world class museum dedicated to computing in all its forms. (no link)
Cipher Challenge Winner Award Prize at Bletchley Park
26 January 2008
- Joachim Schueth, from Bonn, receives award for winning The National Museum of Computing's Cipher Challenge on November 15 2007.
New Patrons & A Curatorial Advisor
26 November 2007
- The trustees announces two new patrons: Sir Richard Dearlove and Sir Crispin Tickell. Doron Swade, formerly Senior Curator of Computing at the Science Museum, has also agreed to become an advisor to the museum. (no link)
The Guardian cracks the case for a museum of computing
22 November 2007
- Jack Scofield puts the case for the national museum of computing
The Media take to the Colossus Cipher Challenge!
15 November 2007
- We have been inundated by the media - a fantastic, if tiring, feeling! We have been interviewed and appeared on BBC 1, ITN Anglia, the Today Programme, BBC Scotland, The World Service, and many local radio stations. Articles about the new museum have appeared in The Guardian, The Times, The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Mail, and The Daily Express!
The Cipher Challenge
14 November 2007
- The cipher challenge started today in earnest with regular transmissions being received from the HNF museum in Paderborn, Germany. (no link)
Daily Express Article
20 October 2007
- Following a visit from the Express features editor, the Saturday paper on 20th October included a two page article on the Colossus and the museum. (no link)
ICL 2966 Mainframe moved onto display gallery
6 October 2007
- A little later than planned, the ICL 2966 Mainframe goes on display in our Large Systems Room.
British Computer Society celebrates at the National Museum of Computing
12 July 2007
- The BCS @ 50 event to celebrate the first fifty years of the British Computer Society was held in July and gave delegates the first opportunity to see the work on the new museum (no link)
BBC News OnLine Visits the Museum
10 July 2007