TNMOC in the news
Museum supplies working systems for the BBC Anniversary event
The National Museum of Computing supplied the working BBC computers, including a Domesday machine, for the Computer Conservation Society event at the Science Museum.
Click here for the CCS web pages.
Museum featured on Silicon.com
- Silicon.Com has produced a series of video reports about the museum and the first video is available now.
Home for museum guaranteed for 25 years
- The signing of the lease over Block H with The Bletchley Park Trust means we can now work together to create a world class museum dedicated to computing in all its forms. (no link)
Cipher Challenge Winner Award Prize at Bletchley Park
- Joachim Schueth, from Bonn, receives award for winning The National Museum of Computing's Cipher Challenge on November 15 2007.
New Patrons & A Curatorial Advisor
- The trustees announces two new patrons: Sir Richard Dearlove and Sir Crispin Tickell. Doron Swade, formerly Senior Curator of Computing at the Science Museum, has also agreed to become an advisor to the museum. (no link)
The Guardian cracks the case for a museum of computing
- Jack Scofield puts the case for the national museum of computing
The Media take to the Colossus Cipher Challenge!
- We have been inundated by the media - a fantastic, if tiring, feeling! We have been interviewed and appeared on BBC 1, ITN Anglia, the Today Programme, BBC Scotland, The World Service, and many local radio stations. Articles about the new museum have appeared in The Guardian, The Times, The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Mail, and The Daily Express!
The Cipher Challenge
- The cipher challenge started today in earnest with regular transmissions being received from the HNF museum in Paderborn, Germany. (no link)
Daily Express Article
- Following a visit from the Express features editor, the Saturday paper on 20th October included a two page article on the Colossus and the museum. (no link)
ICL 2966 Mainframe moved onto display gallery
- A little later than planned, the ICL 2966 Mainframe goes on display in our Large Systems Room.