MK at 50 weekend - see past, present and future
Post this page to popular social media
Discover the Past, Present and Future of MK from the birth of modern computing with the Colossus during the Second World War to wearable computing of today such as the Oculus Rift.
During the weekend you will be able to:
- Come face-to-face with a rebuild of world's first electronic computer, Colossus, and discover its key role in shortening the Second World War
- See the world's oldest working computer, the WITCH, and watch in amazement as it calculates
- Relive wartime MK and join the Home Guard as they patrol the museum and provide opportunities to try on a uniform plus more
- Use Gamar, an augmented reality app, to explore the museum via a brand new trail
- Discover the wonder of wearable technologies like Oculus Rift and discover new possibilities in virtual worlds
- Find out about how cities are becoming smarter and come up with your own ideas on what tech and apps we will be using in 50 years time in MK
- Try your hand at Robot Brain Surgery with our friends at Tech Camp. To book a place please visit www.techcamp.org.uk
- Code (and play games) on our 1980's BBC micros.
Don't forget, MK families get half-price entry! Only £10 (normal price £20) for a family of up to 2 adults and three children (under 16). Just bring proof of residence within an MK postcode.