Volunteer Recruitment Day
Post this page to popular social media
Programme for the Open Day on Sunday 20 January 2019
12.30pm - 12:45pm
- Welcome to The National Museum of Computing
- A variety of current volunteers will talk about what they do at the museum and how they benefit from being a volunteer
- Refreshments will be provided.
12:45pm - 13:45pm
- See the museum in operation
- Talk in the Tunny and Colossus Galleries
- Tour of the museum using the new GAMAR trail and see the volunteers in action.
13:45pm - 14:00pm
- Registration of interest
- Becoming a new volunteer at The National Museum of Computing in the meeting room
- Light lunch.
Who are we looking for?
The National Museum of Computing seeks volunteers to assist in roles including front of house, room stewarding, tour guiding and helping in the small shop.
Although an interesting in computing and / or its history is an advantage, it is not essential and we warmly welcome people with other skills and interests.
We treat all volunteers as individuals and will try to find you a volunteer role that meets your skills, preferences and time commitment.
There are opportunities to develop ideas for new hands-on activities and workshops, and using our collection alongside new computers and technology.
This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to include museum experience on their CV.