Our next event will be.....
Celebrate Milton Keynes' 50th Birthday
Discover the Past, Present and Future of MK from the birth of modern computing with the Colossus during the Second World War to wearable computing of today such as the Oculus Rift.
During the weekend you will be able to:
- Come face to face with a rebuild of world's first electronic computer, the Colossus and discover its vital role in the Second World War and it cut the war by years.
- See the World's oldest working computer, the WITCH and watch in amazement as it calculates
- Relieve war time MK and join the Home Guard as they patrol the museum and provide opportunities to try a uniform on plus more
- Learn about our exhibits in a new way with our augmented reality museum trail
- Discover the wonder of wearable technologies such as the Oculus Rift and discover the possibilities in virtual worlds
- Find out about how cities are becoming smarter and try your had at designing and creating a LED badge alongside discovering their LED Cube.
- Try your hand at Robot Brain Surgery with our friends at Tech Camp. To book a place please visit their site www.techcamp.org.uk
- Try your hand at coding with our 80's BBC's
Don't forget to benefit from our MK family ticket offer allowing a family of 2 adults and up to 3 children (16 years or younger) entry to the museum for only £10 (normal price £20). Just bring proof of residence within a MK postcode.