The National Museum of Computing Bytes Festival family fun marches onwards for another year! Sponsored by Ensoft, Bytes festivals have become the go-to Milton Keynes event for youngsters wanting creative fun during the school holidays.
From Minecraft to Lego and Raspberry Pis to BBC Micro: bits, there is plenty to unlock imaginations, inspire and entertain. In workshops, running throughout the Easter break, STEM ambassadors and the experienced museum volunteers will guide youngsters in developing weird and wonderful devices and applications. Any youngster with a knack for coding or engineering will be in tech heaven; coding handheld masterpieces, using videogames to craft their own worlds and due to a special new exhibit - a chance to see and copy the Heath-Robinson cartoons with modern machines.
So, don’t despair of what to do with the kids on those long easter afternoons, there is lots of educational creative fun to be had six days a week at The National Museum of Computing. One session will lead to more…
- Saturday 6th April - Heath Robinson Day - Bytes Machines Challenge
- Sunday 7th April - Minecraft Challenge
- Tuesday 9th April - BBC Micro:Bit Programming
- Wednesday 10th April - Lego Mindstorms
- Thursday 11th April - Teacher Gaming
- Friday 12th April - Minecraft Challenge
- Saturday 13th April - MK Raspberry Jam - see the MK Raspberry Jam website for more info & tickets
- Sunday 14th April - BBC Micro: Bit Programming
- Wednesday 17th April - Minecraft Challenge
- Thursday 18th April - Lego Mindstorms
- Friday 19th April - BBC Micro: Bit Programming
- Saturday 20th April - Teacher Gaming
- Sunday 21st April - Minecraft Challenge
Can I use my annual ticket for multiple bytes events?
YES! Please present your paper ticket when you arrive on site for access to the museum anytime that we are open.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The museum has parking available with a number of accessible spaces as well.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can contact Martin via email: email@example.com
What's the refund policy?
All sales are final. No refunds at any time.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, but you must show us your ticket and reference number on your phone or tablet.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Yes. Just please make sure to pass on the name of the person who bought the ticket when you arrive.